Help us to continue to serve families
Please designate how you would like your donation used in the note section that appears when you click on your payment choice – general budget, scholarships, conference, etc.
No-cost giving to SHARE
You can contribute to the ministry of SHARE at absolutely no expense to you! Amazon.com will give a percentage of all your online purchases to SHARE.
All you have to do is click the Amazon Smile logo above and login with your normal Amazon login and password.
Chose “SHARE Education Services” as your charity and make your purchases as always. That’s all you do; with every purchase, Amazon will contribute a portion of their profit to SHARE.
More Information About Giving
1. Click the “Donate” button above to give by credit card or PayPal.
2. Checks made payable to SHARE Education Services can be mailed to:
SHARE U.S. Office
192 Thorn Berry Drive
Birmingham, AL 36242
Please include an address for a receipt and indicate purpose for the donation, if desired, either on the check or in an enclosed note.
In the 1990s, many families moved into Russian and Central Europe. But many of these families struggled with providing education for their English-speaking children. Because of limited education resources, many families returned home prematurely, frustrated and disillusioned. SHARE Education Services was established to assist parents in the daunting task of providing for their children’s education in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, and Central Asia.
SHARE provides receipts for all donations (hard-copy receipts for cash or check, and electronic receipts for ETF or other electronic transmission).
SHARE is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization; in accordance with IRS guidelines, all contributions to SHARE Education Services are income tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law.
Donations to SHARE are accepted with the understanding that SHARE Education Services has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.
As funds are available, SHARE can increase the number and the frequency of conferences in locations that are accessible to English-speaking families. These conferences provide instruction for parents, testing of children, and consultation on children’s education issues.
In addition to these program services, SHARE offers encouragement, fellowship, and nurture. An investment in SHARE is an investment in effective world service. (See SHARE Operational Expenses and SHARE Special Project Needs below).
SHARE’S service to families is limited by the funds available; the number of families that we serve is directly related to funding. As additional funds become available, SHARE can expand the services we provide to families overseas.
Given the expense of getting families to the countries where they serve, the work of SHARE in helping to keep them serving productively is one of the most cost-effective investments an organization, business, or individual can make.
- International office rental in Budapest (annual expense): $10,000
- Communications (phone, internet, website – Budapest & U.S. offices): $1,200
- Staff training & professional development: $2,500
- Travel needs (the greatest service expense for SHARE is air travel costs): $12,000
- Hungary Family Education Conference (facilities & transportation): $8,000
- Greece Family Education Conference: $12,000
- Central Asia Family Education Conference (multiple cities): $7,000
- Spain Family Education Conference: $5,000
- Regional testing trips (multiple needed @ $1,000 each): $1,000
- Scholarships for family conference fees (multiple needed @ $250/family): $250
- iPads for testing children of overseas families: (6 pairs @ $1400/pair): $8400
- To comply with GDPR:
- Digital shredders (12 @ $100 each): $1200
- VPN for security (12 @ $100 each): $1200
You can invest in the lives of families
living and serving overseas
All SHARE staff are on-loan to SHARE from other sending agencies (or are self-funded), so SHARE incurs no salary or benefit expense. Accordingly, all donations will be applied either to programs or management/general (sometimes called overhead), seeking always to comply with donor intent. In SHARE’s most recent fiscal year (2020-21), audited financial statements reflect that out of total expenditures of $50,989, 61% ($30,896) went directly to program expenses, and 38% ($19,559) to management/general (overhead). Only 1% ($531) of total expenditures was spent on Fundraising.
(NOTE: Many management general expenses continued during the pandemic, but travel restrictions dramatically reduced our program expenses since so much was done virtually.)